Have you ever woke up absolutely craving something you haven’t had in ages? Yesterday morning I sure did. And I hadn’t even thought of these either, which is crazy because I LOVE them!
This recipe is so simple and delicious! I hope you love them as much as we do!
ORANGE CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
- 1/3 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/3 c. all purpose flour or part whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large (or a good medium sized) egg
- 1/2 c. sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tbsp. grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
Orange Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. freshly grated orange peel (use a zester or microplane, being careful to avoid the pith;white membrane right under the peel of citrus fruit.)
- Clementine or baby orange wedges separated also with pith removed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 cup muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
- Cream butter and sugar. Stir dry ingredients together; add with remaining ingredients to creamed mixture, stirring until just blended.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Mix ingredients for the Cream Cheese Mixture, and drop a dollop/spoonful onto each filled muffin cup then top with a Clementine wedge
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes. **(Every oven is different, do the toothpick test, but make sure you test the cake part of the muffin and NOT the cream cheese mixture.)
- Let them cool and go outside to eat them while enjoying the beginning of our beautiful fall weather.
Enjoy your day!